For all positions, send letter of interest, resume and completed application by May 2 for Custodian position and May 9 for Administrative Assistant and Extended Day Coordinator, to Kathy Behrens, 188 Main Street, Massena, NY 13662. Questions? 769-5911.
Trinity Catholic School in Massena is currently seeking a full-time Custodian year-round 8 am – 5pm daily. The School Custodian is responsible for maintaining a clean and fully functioning environment for all students, employees and visitors at Trinity Catholic School. This person will maintain the school campus and perform other daily operational tasks, in addition to overseeing part-time custodial employees.
Perform custodial and janitorial duties, clean classrooms according to schedule, unload and receive deliveries, move furniture/rearrange offices and classrooms, as needed, operate stripping and buffing machinery and other cleaning machinery as assigned, respond to student accidents, spills, and urgent needs, daily inspection of buildings and grounds to note conditions and see that needed work is done in a timely fashion, lunchroom set up and clean-up for lunch periods and events as required, maintain and update work order ticketing system daily, overseeing inventory and ordering supplies, as needed.
Graduation from high school or equivalency diploma, two or more years of maintenance experience, preferably in a school, is preferred, able to work outdoors during inclement weather, must obtain clearance for employment prior to employment based upon a fingerprint and criminal history background check, willing to work overtime hours during the week, stay late or come in early occasionally for school events as needed and possibly some hours over weekends, as needed, must be able to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds, as well as climb stairs on a regular basis, highly capable and comfortable using powers tools and facility related equipment, general carpentry and handyman skills, ability to multitask, works collaboratively, and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment, knowledge of building systems including electrical, and plumbing, and must be reliable, trustworthy and discreet.
Full-time Administrative Assistant
A Full-time Administrative Assistant is needed for Trinity Catholic School. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school office. The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal, telephone, written communication and organizational skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office products, as well as Quickbooks. Trinity Catholic School is an equal opportunity employer.
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Answers telephone and transmit calls and messages accordingly,
- Receives visitors into the school,
- Processes correspondence as directed by the Principal,
- Performs recordkeeping and filing functions appropriate to the school’s needs,
- Keeps office files organized and updated,
- Maintains inventory of school’s office supplies and equipment and also order supplies as necessary and approved by the Principal,
- Prepares and sends mailings as directed,
- Coordinates annual registration procedures and materials and perform appropriate computerized recordkeeping,
- Handles all confidential matter with discretion,
- Maintains professional, cooperative, and friendly relationships with students, parents, and all staff,
Provides minimal first-aid for students,
- Assists Principal with HR functions,
- Responsible for all monthly billing for childcare services,
- Performs all other duties as necessary to the position and as specified by the Principal
- Minimum of high school diploma,
- Minimum of one year work experience as a secretary or administrative assistant,
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn all programs and office equipment necessary to position,
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, and written communication and organizational skills,
- Cheerful and considerate; friendly and professional demeanor; enjoys working with others,
- Meets deadlines and maintains calm in active work environment,
- Trustworthy; maintains all confidentiality necessary to the position,
- Understands and supports the shared educational mission of Trinity Catholic Schools, their supporting parishes, the Diocese of Ogdensburg, and the Catholic Church.
Part-time Extended Day Coordinator
A Part-time Extended Day Coordinator is needed at Trinity Catholic School. The Extended Day Coordinator will lead children in table activities, supervise snack and outdoor play, assist children with day-to-day needs, maintain a clean environment, and lead group activities Monday-Friday only from 7:00 – 8:15 am and 2:45pm – 5:30 pm , and some half-days. Trinity Catholic School is an equal opportunity employer.
The Extended Day Coordinator is paid 50% of the gross income of the Extended Day Program. Trinity Catholic School is an equal opportunity employer. Send letter of interest, resume and completed application by 5/9 to Kathy Behrens, 188 Main Street, Massena, NY 13662. Questions? 769-5911. For more details/ application, visit TrinityCatholicSchool.net.
Job Goal: The successful applicant will implement a quality program that enriches the students spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. The Extended Day Coordinator will maintain a safe and educational learning environment for young children by successfully implementing the program curriculum and daily program activities.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of high school diploma is required with successful completion of higher education coursework related to education, child development, and/or related field preferred. Experience working with students as a teacher, educational aide, after school care aide, and/or daycare operator or assistant and knowledge of bookkeeping is strongly desired. Applicant should have a high sense of professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a program curriculum to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the principal, custodians, teachers, and food service personnel.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s play activities.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the program director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack records, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the program director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the kitchen and snack area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program. This includes washing tables, chairs, and toys, putting up chairs, and locking the building at the end of the day.
- Continue professional development by attending staff meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Enjoy being with students and foster their spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the duties outlined above.
- Perform other duties as assigned.